One of Estonian greatest parishes - Türi parish - was created in the 23rd October 2005 by merging previous Kabala, Oisu and Türi parish and Türi town. It is distinguished by its beautiful nature, developed agriculture and pleasant living environment. The surface area of Türi parish is about 600 km² and the number of inhabitants is over 11400.
In historical records Türi was first mentioned as Turgel in 1347. At the end of the 19th century, Türi was a parish centre with a church, a pub, a pharmacy, a parsonage, a graveyard and a schoolhouse.
The settlement grew at the turn of the century when the landlord of Laupa manor, von Taube, established a pulp factory at the River Pärnu and a narrow-gauge railway line from Tallinn to Viljandi was built which in 1974 was reconstructed as a broad-gauged one. By 1917 the population had grown to the extent that Türi gained the rights of a small market town. Busy construction activites started.
On 2 July 1926 Türi became a town. Its popularity bloomed in 1937, when, in December, Türi Radio Station was opened and a call sign "Hello! Hello! Here Tallinn, Tartu and Türi!"  was broadcast.
During the first period of Independence Türi became a garden town with a great number of parks, alleys and small dwelling houses. In the summer of 1941 the town suffered severely from the war. Most of the buildings, the Radio Station, bridges, the Railway Station and more than 100 dwelling houses were destroyed. After the World War II, in 1950 – 1959 Türi was a centre of a bigger district.
The independent status was regained  on 20th December 1990. General impression of the town has remained the same, Türi is a town with low buildings, beautiful gardens and plentiful greenery.

1687  The first school was established.
1900  Railway traffic (Viljandi–Tallinn, Türi–Paide) was opened.
1917  Türi was given the rights of a market town.
1924  Türi got the first secondary education institution – Türi Horticultural Gymnasium.
1926  Türi was given the rights of a town.
1927  A public library was founded.
1938  Türi broadcasting-station was completed.
1950 - 1959  Türi was the centre of Türi County.
1989  A local newspaper started to be published.
1989  Türi was given the status of an independent town again.
1995  On 2 July the Türi Museum was opened.
1997  Türi College of the University of Tartu for environmental science studies was opened.
1998  Public Internet Access was inaugurated in the library of Türi.
2000  Mart Laar, the prime minister of Estonia, declared Türi as the Spring Capital  of Estonia
2001  Estonian Broadcasting Museum and the Museum of Türi were opened for visitors in recently renovated house at Vabriku pst 11.
2003  Trademark "Kevadpealinn" ("Spring capital" belongs to Türi
2005  Türi parish - was created in the 23rd October 2005 by merging previous Kabala, Oisu and Türi parish and Türi town